Friday, October 21, 2011

Wind-up Ballerina Sketch

I've spent more time adding to my sketchbook lately! Due primarily to a renewed commitment, I've been able to draw most days while my daughter is in her dance classes... which is five days a week.

I'm not getting any errands run, but sitting in my car in the parking lot for an hour or more has become the perfect time for me to doodle and sketch. Since the dance studio is in an industrial area, the majority of my drawings come strictly from imagination.

My sketchbook is really a place for brainstorming, experimenting, and just plain practice and brushing up on skills. I usually like to draw with permanent ink to gain confidence with the lines and not rely on an eraser. As you may imagine, this doesn't always result in perfectly presentable drawings. So I don't know how often I'll share these with you! This one was memorable for me, though, because Hannah got her pointe shoes and had her first class en pointe this week! She was very excited! Just like any art form, she's had to work hard to get this far and will need to continue to apply herself to further her talent and skills. But it's her passion, so she's loving it. Passions seem to work that way. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment