Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Reclining in Provence

“Reclining in Provence”, 8"x10", © 2013 Rebecca Lambing
This small painting is one of my current favorites. My reference photo was taken of my daughter on our dream vacation last summer in Provence. The farmhouse we rented had, among many other wonderful things, a french daybed outdoors to lie down and relax in. For me this painting captures the feeling of the time we spent in Provence. It was wonderfully relaxing, sunny, beautiful, and, well, French! If you're looking for a great place to rent near Avignon, I can highly recommend this place. Guy and Lindsay followed their passion and moved to Provence to rent out their farmhouse, tend the gardens, etc. Their hospitality and english speaking were so welcome! But they can tell it so much better than I can. http://www.maisondetreholidays.com/ I'll admit that sometimes I go to their website just to see the grounds and living space once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment